Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Couldja do me a favor?

Last week, as I was microwaving my vending machined/hardened/somewhat frosty bagel at work, I had an incredibly awkward encounter with your standard nerd zoobie. He will be referred to as NZ from here on out.

NZ was hovering around the break table with his tupperware of (mom made?) lasagna. I noticed he was getting a little ancy around second 4 of my 30 second reservation with the microwave.

So, instead of waiting for 26 more seconds like a normal person, NZ hands his lasagna to me and says "Couldja put this in there for 2:20 when you're done?"....and then ran off down the hallway.

I'm not kidding.

I'd never seen NZ before. He didn't know my name, if I was a serial lasagna stealer, if I was wielding cyanide in my pocket waiting for an opportunity for usage, or if I cared in the least about the temperature of the lasagna he was about to eat.

HE GAVE HIS LUNCH TO A STRANGER AND TRUSTED THAT I WOULD MICROWAVE IT TO HIS SPECIFICATIONS.

You have no idea the temptation of microwaving it for 7 seconds and leaving just to defy his orders...or better yet to take 3/4 for myself just to teach this ZOOB a lesson.

But the freaking lasagna got its 2 minutes and 20 seconds. And I got another classic story to add to my BYU dossier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Courtney. Your stories make me so happy. Happy because I'm not the only jerk out there making fun of these dumb people who do the SERIOUSLY dumbest things.

And even more happy because YOU then ACTUALLY did it!! BAHHA

Too funny.

Whitney said...

love this story. maybe he just had to go to the bathroom really bad?

Unknown said...

honestly?! you actually did it for him? wow. i sure wouldn't have. if he can't wait 26 seconds, you can't spare the finger strength required to type in 220 into the microwave. nope. sorry, charlie.

Dwight said...

Mercy, did he propose when he got back and discovered what a wimp you were and how you would follow directions the rest of your happy life? Hilarious. Keep it up.