Thursday, October 30, 2008

OY

I feel like every girl I know is highly displeased with the offering of boys at our darling school as of late. Maybe it's the weather..regardless, I'm beginning to think that this is all I have to choose from:

------

Your standard tool, may or may not wear puka shells, acts too good for everyone, legitimately is holding out to marry Jessica Simpson, still wears shirts emblazoned with Hollister across the middle (note: Hollister is not a status symbol in college, go back to 7th grade) travels in packs with his tool boys, cat calls regularly to hide their insecurities of actually speaking to girls.
Your standard nerd zoobie, returned from their mission yesterday (or seven years ago, it doesn't seem to matter), goes on 4-7 dates a week to mostly church functions, wears youth conference shirts on a regular basis, will find ANY reason to strike up a conversation with you in the library (direct quote: "So how is that Dell working out for ya?")

Your standard hipster/Indie poser, hailing from California, thinks that skinny jeans, v-necks, and throwback Nike's are original (Note: EVERY BOY IS WEARING THIS ENSEMBLE-YOU ARE NOT ORIGINAL), listens to anything from Bright Eyes to Dashboard depending on their level of posering, only hangs out with girls who understand their plight of being a rich Mormon kid from southern California whose self-expression is limited to the varying tightness of their skinny jeans and plunge of their v-necks.

I should stop now, I sound like a woman scorned.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

how discouragingly true. i'm quite glad to be peacing out in a couple of months. ugh.

Anonymous said...

this is AMAZING! job well done courtney nielson, job well done

p.s. this is lindsay, i was just too lazy to log in (evans, in case you needed the extra clarification, since i'm pretty sure you've never actually called me by my christian name)

Kendyl said...

Hahaha you did it!

marie said...

i'll go for the indie poser from califonia because he looks like chuck bass.

J. Guest said...

Lindsay made me read this. I love the spot-on description of the third group. As much as I hate to hear that there are men who strike up conversations about laptops, I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one.

Cheers.

I may have to make my own version of this on behalf of my un-date-able male cohorts.