Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No, thank you

I received J. Crew's lovely little e-mail informing me of all of their new arrivals the other day. Instead of telling you all to go buy all of the pretty clothes, I've decided to compile a list of the things that you shouldn't buy under any circumstance.

Flannel-lined chinos. Not kidding-khakis lined in grandma flannel. Some in-house designer was thinking " Yes, we will line all of our pants with strange fabrics, and I will be rich." No, no you will not be rich. I don't want my jeans lined in micro-fleece either, thank you.

Fur boots. 2002 called and would like their boots back. Before you all comment about my foul little Uggs, I will just say that they have been retired as house shoes for this winter. Plus, these have pom poms..gracious.
Yoga shorts. These will be tolerated on young children or Kate Moss. If you do not fit into either of the aforementioned categories, please invest in a few more feet of fabric for your downdogs and shavasnas.

Cashmere blazer. While I am a big fan of cashmere and blazers, I do not find it necessary to spend $700 to make a hybrid of the two. What do you do to feel like you are getting your money's worth? Rub up on people all day and say, "hey, ya know, this blazer is cashmere." Pass.

And this is just to highlight the awkwardness of this poor model. "Reach across your body and pull your shoulder and neck together like you're shrugging awkwardly. No, a little more awkward. Perfect."


If you want to see all of the FABULOUS new things J. Crew has, I urge you to go here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i add to the list?
bam.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/katotheley/erez.jpg[/IMG]>

Anonymous said...

hey kaley way to post the wrong link and then not be able to delete it.
embar.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~89256/99101336733/89256.jsp
those.
added to the list.

marie said...

i fit under the kate moss category. does that mean i can get the shorts? i would really like a pair.