Monday, March 16, 2009

Boycott

I hesitate to write about something so

.stupid.

.poorly executed.

.annoying.

.pointless.

and

.downright offensive.

but the sheer infiltration of this into my life forces me to bring the issue up.





THE OLD NAVY MANNEQUINS.
Yup,
there they are.

We have the ad firm of Crispin, Porter + Bogusky to thank for this obnoxious ad campaign.
They just sound shady.

Those commercials will be the death of me. MANNEQUINS PROPOSING TO MANNEQUINS?!!!! ..and then the finger falls off with the ring? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?


******
I can't handle it. Can you be offended by the sheer stupidity of an ad campaign? I propose that this is worse than nekkid Abercrombie and Fitch models. At least A&F didn't shell out the big bucks to a firm just to tell them to disrobe their models to up their sales.

Stop Old Navy, just cut your losses, and move on to the summer ad campaign SANS talking mannequins.

1 comment:

Julie said...

The mannequins are made in Denver! I'm so ashamed!

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_11891760?source=email


-Julie Cox