Wednesday, February 11, 2009

twentysomething


As I enter yet another blessed year on earth, one that happens to include my graduation from college, I've become some ridiculous cliche of a retrospective twentysomething lately. I guess that piles me into the massive heap of kids aimlessly wandering the earth trying to find some higher purpose..or at least a friggin job. SWEET!

As these cute little emo moments creep in, I have found that two very separate genres of musical artists/musicals help to make me feel even more apart of this fabulous little stereotype.

Ben Rector.
I saw him live a year and a half ago, and although his live recordings do him no justice, I've been listening to The Kill from his new CD...and Bright Lights and Twenty Tomorrow from his older CD. Thanks for my emo moments Ben!

Tales from the Bad Years
This is a collection of disjointed songs and short scenes that touches on several issues that us poor, oppressed twentysomethings go through. A personal favorite is "How to Return Home" performed here by Laura Osnes (former Sandy in Grease). Most of the other songs use some strong language, and unless you REALLY want some emo/ I can fight the system moments, don't say I didn't warn you.

*******

Also, my official American Idol recaps will start tomorrow...mostly because of my outrage in this psycho beezy getting through. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat!

No comments: