Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Rundown

My latest list of unfortunate commercials:


Pataday: We are lead to believe that Van Gogh himself (in a painting mind you) has itchy eyes and reached for these miracle eyedrops to relieve his itch...in the painting...Van Gogh..are you with me?...go back to the drawing board Pataday...







Cotton: First of all, do we really need to advertise cotton?...that would be like advertising eggs..oh wait..anyway, I'm referring to the cotton runway commercials where the models traipse down the runway in adorable clothes and then walk out the front door and ride away on bikes.."from runway to every day"...this commercial isn't bad..just annoying...EVERY single time it starts I start trying to figure out what store all of these fabulous clothes come from...only to be disappointed with the cotton logo...there is no cotton store to my knowledge...



Money Train Title Loans: This will be used as an example of all Utah made commercials. In Money Train's latest, some stellar employee mocks all of the Utah commercials he can in thirty seconds..."alright Frank, we paid 2,000 dollars, and you've got thirty seconds to be funny..." Unfortunately Frank is a middle-aged, obnoxious, not funny guy. This makes for thirty seconds of torture at least once a day. One call, that's all......


Moving into happier tv news....Evans dear and I have become completely engrossed with Gossip Girl...like I need another hour long trashy melodrama to be obsessed with. We youtubed the first several episodes and then watched their first comeback episode last night....and literally the rest of the night I was annoyed that I could not watch more...I probably shouldn't admit to that in a public forum. Besides the plot, we suddenly have found the urge to shop at Bendels and uproot to New York. AHH, marketing at its finest.

No comments: