Sunday, April 13, 2008

muses and obsessions

I've succumbed, I just couldn't handle it any longer. You have competition you marrieds, we are coming after you with our blogging prowess. Moving right along, the only appropriate way to start out a Courtney blog is to list a few of my obsessions, one by one, so that all two of my die-hard readers can understand me just a little bit more........

1. The Food Network/Paula Deen...just fyi you can, in fact, find leeks within the confines of Provo. Also, I may or may not have a ridiculous crush on Bobby and Jamie Deen.








2. Dave Barnes and Matt Wertz/ Andy Davis, Nathan Angelo etc etc....I will probably pawn their music off on you if we come in contact.











3. Austin/Austin food in general...one trip home will garner a minimum of 7-10 trips to Chuy's for my creamy...and mama care never once argues.















4. Peonies...the official way to a swish girl's heart.













5. Steely Dan/Bonnie Raitt/any and all music that ma and pa nielson indoctrinated me with as a wee youth.









6. Whose Wedding is it Anyway?...this goes in the obsession file. I have seen every episode and am constantly harassed for it. I like to think of it as career research.







7. Anthropologie. Although I'm typically limited to the sale rack, I remain thoroughly obsessed with everything they throw at me. This is not limited to catalogues and daily e-mails.







8. Nashville..don't ask..I don't have an official reason why I'm obsessed, but I'm moving there after graduation and I may or may not check craigslist on a regular basis looking at all of the fabulously flipped old houses.






9. Kitchen/interior design in general. I have told my mom on occasion that if it wasn't for all the gross math, I would be a rockin interior designer.







10. Utah fall...my favorite season that I never actually experienced until moving here....i had to find a positive of the cold..so i did.












Ten is all I can handle for now, have a fabulous Sunday.

2 comments:

Jourdan said...

Amen to the food network! Paula or the Barefoot Contessa can come over and cook for me anyday.

Unknown said...

you had to find a positive? no one told me that... my hate for utah lives on in full strength.