Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Anti-library


If you know me AT ALL, you know that I despise the library. I literally can count the number of times that I have legitimately studied there in my entire college career on two hands. This is of course with the exception of the No Shh! zone, which should never be considered legitimate studying, but rather a socializing spot with a dash of facebook stalking.

I'll go as far as the atrium, and I get heart palpitations. My friends regularly attempt to drag me into the library, and every time it's like I've been introduced to a new world. With every turn, there is a new dungeon with hundreds of poor little students poring over depressing textbooks full of text that is, well, depressing. I simply choose not to partake.

Instead, I Barnes and Noble it. Do not take my study spot, but honestly Barnes and Noble, in the little nook I found, is the best Courtney study spot. Yesterday, in my 5 hours of social psychology hell, I did some intense people watching, I heard the entire Marie Digby and Yael Naim CDs, I was instantly in a better mood, and if I had any money I would have bought both CDs right then and there. So, thanks Barnes and Noble, for not depressing me like your HBLL counterpart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good thing i only have to want to kill myself for one more semester of this hell. this hbll hell. hmm... only one letter difference.