Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spend your money honey

Three beauty items to consider splurging on:

Concealer:



I swear by MAC's potted concealer. It works wonders under tired eyes. Use it in small doses so you don't look like a wax figurine, and it will last you the better part of a year.






Rosebud Salve:
I, too, was a Burt's Bees girl. That is, until I discovered that my lips were ADDICTED to it. Stop using it for a few days, I dare you. Yeah, that lovely wax that moisturizes so well, also makes your lips flaky and foul if you stop using it. I ain't kiddin. I was instantly converted to Rosebud Salve. Hey, if I'm gonna spend over four dollars on chapstick, it better heal diaper rash and detergent burns too!





Eyeshadow:

The only reason to buy expensive eyeshadow is if you are A) doing something dramatic or B) using it daily. MAC's eyeshadows are highly pigmented, so the color will translate better on your eye than Maybelline's, for example. However, if you use mostly neutrals-stick with the grocery store. Also,I bought MAC carbon eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush when i was 16, and I just NOW bought my second carbon. No monthly eyeliner buying for me for the past 5 years..just throwin that out there.



MAC also has the Back-2-MAC program to recycle their products. Six empties=one free lipstick at a counter OR one free lipglass at a MAC store. I have definitely done my fair share in the green movement with this program alone-out of control. Not to make this post a MAC endorsement or anything-but free is FREE people!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

All good things to know!!!

Unknown said...

omg i totally told you about burts bees and how its addicting!!! i refuse to use it. it screws you in the end. thanks a lot, burt.

anyways, i miss you and i'm coming back in like three weeks. don't pee your pants, pretty girl!

Lindsay said...

i really like these kind of blogs.. the dos and do nots. keep them coming.