Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh Amy

Amy Grant has been a mainstay in my music library ever since the days of dancing half nekkid as a three year old to Emmanuel in the living room. (Access to this vault of Courtney home videos is strictly prohibited..for the most part). Emmanuel is now one of my ringtones and promotes many of the same moves that I busted in the past. Christmas isn't Christmas without a tender Tennessee Christmas and Breath of Heaven....I had Heart in Motion on cassette tapes..but quickly upgraded to a CD when House of Love came out... and even a tape of all of her music videos, which was on repeat in the Nielson household for the better part of five years. And then, that blessed day occurred when her House of Love tour came through Austin, and I got to experience El Shaddai in all of it's glory with Care, Cath, and Laur(yn)...or was it Kendyl?.ha. The most classic Amy story of all is when Jenny Stein and Becky were messing with me as a young impressionable youth, and asked me what my favorite music was...I naturally responded Amy Grant...and they yelled Amy Grant rocks! back at me...it took me a few years to understand their mocking tone...but, don't worry, it is still repeated by my siblings EVERY time Amy is brought up.

Things came full circle when Amy sang with little Dave Barnes on "I have and I always Will" on Chasing Mississippi. I even got him to do a little El Shaddai performance for me at a show last year. Baby Baby is on my new sweet playlist at the bottom of the page... so go listen to some classic Amy.

No comments: