Tuesday, June 24, 2008

House Trends and Psycho Babble

After viewing a slew of open houses and houses on the parade of homes, the summer 2008 house trends according to Courtney are:


Contemporary Sinks:



I'm down with funky sinks. My first step toward having a cool sink in my house is HAVING a house..that has a bathroom..with room for a sink..other than that I'm set. I think I might get in on this market while it's hot and fanagle a hose that flows into a bronzed bucket affixed to a pedestal..but I digress.






Glass Tiles:


Glass tile backsplashes are all over the place. At around $15/sf you better like you some glass tiles, because it won't be coming cheap. These fictitious backsplashes will be installed in my fictitious bathroom. Maybe HGTV will build me a house..like a charity case kinda thing. "This poor girl has so many good ideas and she is forced into living in bland undergraduate housing, her glass tile backsplash needs are not being met... let's BUILD HER A HOUSE!"..i apologize..it's late




Aqua (ey) walls:

This color will literally make you a better person. This is only if it strikes the perfect balance between Tiffany blue and a more ocean aqua. If it falls anywhere else along this delicate balance, you will actually fall into depression. I will insist upon this color in my fictitious HGTV donated house.





Thanks HGTV!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

won't help, patti's in hawaii

Lindsay said...

you are officially a stagnant blogger