Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Call me Crazy

Not only are TOMS shoes giving thousands upon thousands of shoes to needy kids around the world through their buy a pair, donate a pair program (such a genius concept), they are also providing me silver glitter shoes for my inner hipster. I saw these at Whole Foods and I wanted to purchase them oh so bad. I figure no one can make fun of my footwear if they are for a good cause. Oh, and if any of you would get on the baby train, I would most definitely buy these...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney
Thanks for writing about TOMS in your blog! Will you send me an email?

Thanks,
Caitlin

caitlin@tomsshoes.com

Dwight said...

Gag. But at least for a good cause.

Unknown said...

ah, the argy-inspired shoe. toms stole the idea from the gaucho alpargata, traditional footwear of the homeland.

http://www.redwoodcitydailynews.com/article/2006-11-1-argentina-shoe

p.s. you can buy them in argentina for like $3 USD. instead of paying $38 and getting one pair for you and one to donate, you could get 12 pairs of the real thing for $38. that's 11 pairs to donate... just some food for thought.

Courtney Nielson said...

oh zaida you little argentine. great idea! unfortunately i don't have an argentine trip planned anytime soon though