Friday, November 21, 2008

Review


I am choosing to withhold complete judgment until I can see the movie in a theatre without hundreds of screaming pre-pubescent girls in capes and "team edward" shirts. No seriously, they screamed and clapped every time a character came on the screen. There were mumbled death threats coming from our row for the entire two hours. Apparently all of the twenty-somethings got their tickets at the Riverwoods early and we were stuck with moms and eight-year old Cindy-Lou-Whos at Scera who can probably barely spell their own names, let alone understand the intricacies of teenage vampire romance. Please sense the sarcasm.

My favorite part of the NYT review is ..."..oh-so-confusing feelings, like, OMG!! He's SO HOT!! Does he like ME?? Will he kill me??? I don't CARE!!:)." Eight year-olds seeing this is more inappropriate than my eight year old self seeing Titanic three times...in theatres...with the caveat that I closed my eyes during all nekkie scenes.

But I digress...if they can get a larger budget than the paltry 37 million they had for this one and if they can get a longer run time than 120 minutes (the books are 400-500 pages people), I think the stunts will become less laughable and maybe Edward's hair can have more screen time. I mean c'mon, they have to make his freaking skin glitter and have him glide through 500 foot tall trees. I'm done, now I'm just making myself laugh...so, umm who wants to go this afternoon?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I've never been to your little blog before, but i think i will visit it more often. TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and courtney, you smell